Academy of Creative Industries is the educational project in the field of cultural entrepreneurship, art management and creative technologies related to the territory development using cultural resources of this or that region or city.
The goal of the project is to provide assistance in the formation of new cultural policy based on the involvement of citizens into the cultural management and creation of a culture as a field of territory capitalization.
Tasks of the project:
1. Analyse creative potential of the territory
2. Prepare the pilot group of administrative staff in the cultural field (professional retraining)
3. Work out local pilot projects in the field of cultural institutions administration.
Target group: experts representing regional cultural authorities, holders of the projects in cultural and creative fields, heads of regional cultural institutions.
Main results of the project:
1. Overview of creative potential of the region, inventory of its creative resources.
2. Prepared pilot group of administration staff (20 people).
3. A number of local cultural projects that passed primary assessment of experts.
May 28th – June 1st, 2012.
The Academy will start in May with a pilot project “Project seminar on management and marketing in the field of culture” for staff from municipal cultural institutions. There the participants will improve their skills of sociocultural design, get to know about the world experience of creative industries and fundraising technologies and put their knowledge into practice in sociocultural design.
July 6th – 7th, 2012.
Summer school (practical part) is the main stage where participants will put ideas of their projects into practice. During the Summer school they will acquire basic tools for sociocultural design. The school will take place during the festival of ethnic cultures “Zhivaya Voda” (Living Water).
September 14th – 15th, 2012.
The public examination of the local cultural projects created by the students of the Academy will take place within “Interra” in 2012. Expert jury will consist of the representatives of government, business, social institutions, culture, media as well as active citizens.
As a result, three selected projects of the Academy will get a support for future implementation from the Ministry of Culture of the Novosibirsk Region and the directorate of “Interra”.
1. “Urbanima”, Novosibirsk State Museum of Regional Studies (Druzhinina Valeria research scientist of the main storage service);
2. “Night in a Metro”, Glinka Novosibirsk State Conservatoire (Shebalin Sergey, conductor, chairman of the nonprofit organization “Sibirskiye Sezony” (Siberian Seasons));
3. “Country Art”, Centre for Contemporary Art “Laboratory” (Svirschevskaya Ekaterina, manager, supervisor);
Experts of the Academy of Creative Industries in 2012:
- Mikhail Kaluzhskiy, playwright, journalist, head of theatrical program in Sakharov Centre, supervisor of documentary projects in the Beuys Theatre (Moscow).
- Tom Campbell, leading expert on creative and cultural industries in the company “Global Cities”; worked for the Mayor of London as Head of Creative Industries (London).
- Nicholas Champkins, architect, leading tutor of the program “Interior & Architecture Design” in British Higher School of Art & Design (Moscow).
- Kaluzhskiy Mikhail, playwright, journalist, head of theatrical program in Sakharov Centre, supervisor of documentary projects in the Beuys Theatre (Moscow).
- Nikich-Krilichevskiy Georgiy, member of the board of International Association of Art Critics (AICA), supervisor of the Moscow International Forum of Art Initiatives, teacher at the faculty of Social and Cultural Project Management at the Moscow School of Social and Economic Sciences, member of the council of trustees at the Cultural Policy Institute, Ph.D. in Art History, Ph.D. in Psychology (Moscow).
- Zelentsova Elena, director of the cultural centre “ZIL”, director of the agency “Creative Industries”, member of the Public Council of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation, Ph.D. in Cultural Studies (Moscow).
- Gnedovskiy Mikhail, director of the Cultural Policy Institute, expert at the Council of Europe, member of the board of the European Museum Forum, Ph.D. in History (Moscow).
- Zamyatin Dmitry, head of the Centre of Humanity Studies of Space in the Likhachev Russian Research Institute for Cultural and Natural Heritage, Doctor of Cultural Studies (Moscow).
- Galanova Irina, head of the Creative Council of Civil Society Social Institute, coordinator of the International Coordination Centre of Stably Developing Territories (Moscow).
- Yurchenko Lada, director of the Institute of Regional Marketing and Creative Industries (Novosibirsk).
- Reshetnikov Yuri Nikolaevich, deputy minister of culture of the Novosibirsk Region;
- Titkov Alexander Petrovich, deputy mayor of Novosibirsk;
- Cherepanov Nikolai Petrovich, head of the department of education, culture, sport and youth policy of the City Hall of Novosibirsk;
- Mamlin Boris Lvovich, producer, expert in the field of corporate films, director of the film company “Kartina Mira” (World View), Novosibirsk
- Tereshkova Anna Vasilyevna, director of the Siberian Centre for Contemporary Art, member of the Social Council of the Ministry of Culture of the Russian Federation
- Tyuvaev Igor Borisovich, head of the choral ensemble “Markellovy Golosa”
- Evdokimov Yuri Gennadyevich, director of the cabaret-café “Brodyachaya Sobaka”
Agency of Regional Marketing
Novosibirsk State University of Economics and Management
Marketing agency “B-52”
Event agency “Ura”
Ministry of Culture of the Novosibirsk Region